Thursday, October 6, 2011

The New Adventure!

Well hello all!

This summer I stumbled upon the world of art dolls!  As a photographer I found a fondness of people as characters in my work so as my eyes wandered over the faces of Art Dolls I was captivated by their intrinsic nature to tell a story.

So after pouring over Art Doll maker websites I decided to just jump right in!  I bought some paper clay and started crafting away ... it was an adventure!
And thus Clarissa was created!  I like to make up little snippets of a story for each doll.  The story is revealed to me through each step of crafting the doll.

Clarissa's story so far -
So tired.  Clarissa has been dancing far to long to hide the secret... but she's done.


Anyways so I made Clarissa which was definitely an experiment.  I wasn't unhappy with her but I knew there was room for improvement!

So then I tried again and made Cordelia as a kind of study!

She is a classy lady but I was still burning through clay faster than I wanted to and Cordelia was WAY bigger than I was ever going to make a full doll!

So I put my nose to the grindstone read through tutorials and experimented with different materials.  In the future I will post links to these tutorials and my own attempts at them!  Finally I was ready to try the Woodland Girls!



However I think this enough talk for one post so I'll talk about The Woodland Girls more later.  Plus I have three more dolls about to be finished followed by 5 little Dia De Los Muertos dolls.  Reveals and Sneak peeks soon to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment